This is my master list so I’m dropping it here.
- Silicone caulking for bathtub drains to hold water. The caulk will not affect the taste of the water and cleans up easily. Just use a thick bead around the seams and it will pull away cleanly when dry.
- Manual can and bottle openers.
- Folding stove, oven mitts. Better to use a camp stove or grill; but don’t use them indoors. In a pinch, you can use ”canned heat” (Sterno, etc.) but it will only heat food; it won’t cook it.
- A battery-operated radio and/or television.
- Extra batteries.
- A windup clock.
- Battery-operated lanterns and enough flashlights for each member of the family, plus extra batteries and bulbs. Candles and kerosene lights can cause fires and severe burns. If you must use candles, never leave one burning unattended.
- Duct tape.
- Lightweight fire extinguishers.
- Wrench to turn off household gas and water. Keep it near the shut-off valves.
- Chain saw, gassed up, oiled and ready.