The Daily Caller elaborates on each, but here are 10 lessons taught in 80% of Texas public schools.
1. Islam is awesome
2. Christianity is a cult
3. Communism is awesome
4. Hey kids! Let’s make communist flags
5. The Boston Tea Party was a terrorist attack
6. Terrorism: what do you think?
7. Christopher Columbus was an eco-warrior
8. CSCOPE writers pointlessly disparage Paul Revere
9. Help Ban Ki-moon and his U.N. cronies prevent a Malthusian population catastrophe
10. Murder and extortion were just “protest strategies” used by the Black Panthers
Yes, Islam is wonderful, but:
Another portion of the materials on Islam lists several specific lessons that Muslims take from the example of Islam’s founder, such as “Be respectful of other religions.” Strangely, there does not appear to be any such lesson focused on, say, Moses or Jesus Christ.
Instead, the materials in another world history lesson inform students that Christianity is a cult that parallels the death and resurrection in the story of Osiris, the Egyptian god of the dead. The same material takes pains to point out that early Christians were accused of incest, cannibalism and other atrocities.
Attention Texans with children: hie thee out of state or face hijabs and ritual death. Homeschooling is also a wonderful option.